[CentOS-announce] Software Collections for CentOS-6.4 (Testing Repo)

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Oct 30 19:51:31 UTC 2013

The CentOS team is happy to announce the testing release of Software
Collections for CentOS-6.4 for the x86_64 architecture.

We need some testing to be conducted before we can release this repository.

You can get the repo file here:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/SCL/scl.repo

Put it in /etc/yum.repo.d/ and you can begin testing.

Please see the documentation here for info on what software collections
are and how they can be used:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/SCL/docs/

Please provide feedback via the CentOS mailing list (
http://lists.centos.org//listinfo/centos ) or this bug entry (
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=6719 ).

After we get the kinks worked out, we will get Software collections into
CentOS proper

Note:  The documentation is provided to explain how Software Collections
work on CentOS.  Sections 1.3 and 2.1 are Not applicable (see the
instructions above to get the repo file instead).  Our builds are
designed only to work only on CentOS-6.4, x86_64.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes