[CentOS-devel] Circular build dependencies in RHCS packages

Charlie Brady charlieb-centos-devel at budge.apana.org.au
Tue Aug 2 14:13:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 07:33:22AM +0800, Feizhou wrote:
>> Get lost. What difference does it make if installing xxx-devel does the
>  ^^^^^^^^
>
> Wow, that seems a little unnecessarily hostile....

I think so too.

If Feizhou could go to the start of the thread, he can see that there is a
*real* problem. It is impossible to build the RHCS packages from source -
unless one has the intuition to install a particular package with
--nodeps.

My complaint is not gratuitous. I think RedHat is great, but not perfect.
Just like you and me.

Regards

---
Charlie