[CentOS-devel] Rebuild of glibc fails on CentOS 4.1

Michael Paesold mpaesold at gmx.at
Thu Aug 11 20:23:53 UTC 2005

Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>The problem was already reported in the CentOS forum on 2005/6/21:
>>http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1159
>

> I can confirm this is an issue as well on my build machine (at least for
> the i686 target).  Karanbir is also looking at it.
>
> According to the forum post, it is related to the new kernel.
>
> I will try building it on an older kernel and on RHEL.  I initially
> built it on the previous kernel when Update 1 was released.

I can confirm that the kernel seems to be the culprit. After my last
report I have now just downgraded the kernel from 2.6.9-11.ELsmp to
2.6.9-5.0.5smp, which solved the problem. I have successfully built
glibc rpms, including a set built with -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs.

So there seems to be something wrong with the latest kernel.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold