[CentOS-devel] CentOS on SPARC

Sat Jul 30 10:37:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 21:15 -0400, Adam Breaux wrote:
> Is this in the works, planned, or never going to happen?

It depends on access to reliable hardware long term.

I am working on obtaining some sparc machines.  What the technical
issues will be if and when I get the machines, we will have to see then.

So, if machines are available then we will move forward with this arch
as well.

I want to caution that it may take some time to get the CentOS code base
working on sparc.  Aurora ( http://auroralinux.org/ ) is probably where
we will start the compiling.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes