[CentOS-devel] kernel-sourcecode RPM?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Nov 22 12:12:03 UTC 2005

Charlie Brady wrote:
>> There is no kernel-sourcecode built by the CentOS buildsystem by
>> default ( anymore ).
>
> Why not? The reasons I've been given seem to be invalid.

Because there is no use for it, there is no reason to carry additional
stuff on the distro when its not needed. Anyone who needs the compelete
sources can get the .src.rpm

Details also in the Release Notes. And this issue has been covereed
quite a few times on the centos mailing list and the rhel mail list,
might be worth your time to read through the history there.