[CentOS-devel] Re: A patched kdepim package(for CentOS 4.2) for CJK user

Shawn M. Jones smj at littleprojects.org
Mon Oct 31 15:17:06 UTC 2005

dlion wrote:
> I think you missed the point. The point is the packages in centosplus
> will not be installed by default. So it WILL NOT HURT. Only those know
> about it will try to use it. That's a totally different thing than tell
> Redhat and wait, until the patch is available to EVERYONE. Most non-CJK
> people do not need it.

Er,

Why don't we do both?  Put it into centosplus AND submit the patched
version to Red Hat.  Then, if Red Hat decides to make it the "official"
version, we can remove it from centosplus and the "officail" srpm
percolates to CentOS.  If Red Hat decides, for whatever reason, that
they do not want to use it, we still have it in centosplus.

Just a thought,

Shawn M. Jones