[CentOS-devel] Modifying Anaconda install messages

I-Newell, Geoff geoff.newell at boeing.com
Wed Aug 30 01:58:16 UTC 2006

Hi,
As required by the Red Hat EULA (see below), I am in the process of removing all Red Hat trademarks.

One persistent item in Anaconda is proving difficult to remove. I was hoping someone on this list may have an idea.

When Anaconda starts the graphical install of the OS, in the left most Window, the following text is displayed:
Installing Packages
-----------------------------

We have gathered all the information needed to
install Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES on the system.
It may take a while to install everything,
depending on how many packages need to be installed."

My question is: How do I remove the text "Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES" from the above text message.  I've noticed the Centos guys have managed to get "Centos" in. How?
I have searched through the Anaconda SRC RPMs and have found the following files: anaconda-help/help/*.po
which contain:  "We have gathered all the information needed to install &RHL; on the system. "

Somewhere &RHL is expanded to the "Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES".

How do I institute this change and then get it into my distribution via "buildinstall"?

Many thanks,

Geoff

P.S. RedHat has asked us to remove all redhat trademarks due to our intended use of the SRC RPMs in our turnkey embedded platform.