[CentOS-devel] Building a custom 2.6.9 kernel

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 22:55:07 UTC 2006

In the interest of sanity, I say we let this thread die. Until William
is able to understand the flaws in the information he gives, or
believe what several developers are telling him ( ie there's no way to
build a kernel from a -devel package) then there's little point in
continuing this. I don't want to see the mailing list turn into the
same noise that embodied the irc channel for nearly 2 hours.

 The centosplus kernel is very clear proof that the x86_64 kernel can
be rebuilt, and built with varying modules etc. That it cannot be
easily rebuilt on gentoo is something that doesn't concern me at all.
It could be anything from autoFU version differences to nptl not being
on the gentoo box to solar flares. It's not something I feel we need
to support. End of discussion.

Arguments of "but gentoo  $VALUE" will only be answered with a retort
of "This ain't gentoo".

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775