[CentOS-devel] Yum Extender 0.99 (Development) for CentOS 4.2

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sat Feb 11 02:00:53 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 15:12 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> Hi
> If you want to try out the latest bleeding development edition of Yum
> Extender 0.99
> Then you can get it here.
>
> http://linux.rasmil.dk/dnl/yumex-devel/centos4/099/

Installed/tested yumex-0.99.6-2.0.centos4.noarch.rpm from the above URL.
Unlike the broken yumex-0.44-1.0.c4.noarch.rpm removed from the testing
repo a month or so ago, this one seems functional.  There are quite a
few messages to stdout but nothing fatal.  Tried repo configuration
changes, package install/remove/update, and preference changes on
package removal after install and everything seemed to work.

There are a couple of what look like minor GUI bugs to me in that check-
marks on queued packages disappear when they are added, but this could
be the intended behavior - I'd just prefer that they remain checked
until the queue is processed.  Also, it's not totally intuitive that one
must click "Add to Queue" in addition to checking packages on the list.
Perhaps going to the Queue should have the effect of adding the checked
packages to the corresponding list.

Looks like a candidate for the testing repo to me.

Thanks for the package.

Phil