[CentOS-devel] Re: Retiring the Tao Linux project

Wed Jun 14 14:54:30 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 10:19 -0400, David Parsley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Over the last year or so I've been watching my employer's and my own
> finances slowly go down the drain, with quality of life and happiness
> not far behind.  Finally this spring, I decided I would have to do
> something before things got really bad.  What I've done is get another
> job - a REALLY GOOD job, in a very nice area where I'm confident that
> I and my family will be very happy.
>
> I'll be a 'Network Engineer', and as such I'll only spend 5-10% of my
> time on system administration type stuff.  I will, of course, run a
> Linux desktop (probably dual-boot Fedora latest/RHEL latest).  My new
> employer has also opted for the site license of RHEL, so there's no
> good reason for me to continue cloning on work time.  Now that I have
> 3 young children, I've spent very, very little of my home time on Tao,
> and have no intention of taking time away from family for it.  So I've
> spent some time over the past weeks planning an exit strategy, and
> after conferring with other Tao developers, several of the Tao users I
> know, as well as the CentOS developers, I've come up with a plan which
> I've implemented and published at:
> http://taolinux.org
>
> I won't repeat everything here, but I'd just like to say thanks to all
> the great Tao users who have made this project so fun and interesting.
>
> Regards,
> David

I would like to thank David for all the work he has done on Tao Linux in
the past, as well as the work we have done together during update cycles
to work though sticky issues that we've both had.

CentOS and Tao have always had a very good relationship, and we are
happy to integrate all current Tao users into CentOS.

I would also like to officially welcome David to the CentOS Development
team, though unofficially he has been on the team for a while now :).

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes