[CentOS-devel] Getting CentOS up to date on SPARC

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Wed Jun 21 19:21:40 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 08:22, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> We are presently looking for a Sparc maintainer ( or two, would be
> better ) - Pasi has way too much work on his plate at the moment and is
> also already doing ( and will continue to do so, for the time being )
> his other arch's ( ia64/ s390(x) / Alpha ). But he has expressed desire
> to resign the Sparc build.
>
> If you are interested, and have the time to spend this might be
> something you can get involved with ?

I would love to donate time, but don't have any.  I DO have quite a few Netra
T1 105's I was planning to try to sell.  Perhaps donating 1 or 2 would help.
Older and slower than the X1's though.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/Netra_t1_105_shared/spec.html

> Would a NetraX1 be beefy enough to be a build box ?

I've often wondered that, what sort of hardware do you guys generally devote
to a build box?

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks