[CentOS-devel] Re: Getting CentOS up to date on SPARC

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jun 23 12:45:03 UTC 2006

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> I have a very nice donation coming from Sun wrt SPARC .. it is a T2000
> machine (quite an impressive machine actually ... 32GB RAM, 8 Core
> 1.2GHZ processor).  The server should be here by the middle of next
> week ... and I will be able to see if I can compile normal SPARC
> packages as well as new Niagara packages on it.

We should try and get a proper buildsystem on there, so that people can
request builds and get the built pkgs online somewhere ( dev.centos.org
would be a good choice, i think )

Since most of the guys have local machines to test + do -devel stuff on,
a single buildbox of this nature would be great.

- KB