[CentOS-devel] Getting CentOS up to date on SPARC

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Mon Jun 26 12:19:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 08:08 -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> To illustrate what I meant by "populating", let me point out the
> technical detail
> in FC6 that there are *still* missing dependencies like
>      Requires: gcc, make
>
> These of course are no-brainers that are supplied by the choice of the
> packages that are always installed.
>
> So the issue is really that mock as currently used in FC6 has fewer
> packages in base,
> thereby exposing more missing build dependencies than are present in
> FC3/RHEL4.

This is why I said "FUTURE RELEASES".

Fedora Core Development/6 is being built (ultimately) by mock. Which
means the packaging requirements and the minimum buildroot has been
taken care of.

Fedora has spent the last few weeks tracking down missing buildreqs in
packages in core so as to make the whole system buildable using mock.

-sv