[CentOS-devel] php 5 and MSSQL

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Mon Nov 27 23:46:04 UTC 2006

Is there any interest in adding MSSQL to php 5?  It's fairly easy to modify
the spec to produce this (I've done so in a previos version already), and
I'll volunteer to make the changes if there's consensus it's worth doing.

FreeTDS is required to build mssql support, and it's currently provided
through rpmforge.  I assume everyone would prefer to have the required
library exist within centosplus so php-mssql could be installed without
requiring a library from an external repo?

So, what are your thoughts on this?  I know I keep getting asked for it, so I
assume there's at least some demand.

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks