[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.4 yumconf

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Oct 13 22:33:28 UTC 2006

Roger PeXa Escobio wrote:
> I am gad you agree-accept that the core developers
> learn a lesson :-), I was a litle sad because I could
> not see any positive reaction to all our complains and
> ideas to get both side happy (just one srpm to give
> two packages)

you seem mistaken about one thing - there really wasent any real
userbase problems with this shift. We had hardly any noise at all from
the userbase ( remember there are a _lot_ of people using CentOS
directly ). The noise came from only a few people.

> I can understand also that you make such a public
> change just when another developer speak :-)

i dont know what you mean by that.

> maybe is an effect of "not everybody's words have the
> same weight". I personally agree with that way of
> thinking but I beleave if there was one thing that
> drive people from whitebox to centos at the begining
> was the strong decision control over the whitebox
> project that Jonh had and don't want to give away,
> Centos promise the opposite. It will be sad that that
> promise just demise over time (across consolidation of
> the project)

again, i dont know what you are trying to imply here. CentOS isnt a one
man setup, and all the developers talk to each other just fine. Whitebox
is a one man's part time hobby. I dont even understand how you can
compare the two.