[CentOS-devel] Re: www.centos.org - Contact the CentOS Development Team Form

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 05:12:20 UTC 2007

Hello,

Firstly, allow me to congratulate you all on the release of 5.0!

About a year ago I requested the CentOS team consent to adding the
CentOS logo to Wikipedia's CentOS article.

Images can be posted and still retain the trademark. For some examples
of the different types of logos and their license templages, you can
see the following pages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Glogo-small.png - Gentoo logo,
copyrighted, used under fair use
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ubuntu_Logo.svg - Ubuntu logo,
copyrighted, used under fair use
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Debian-logo.svg - Debian logo,
copyrighted, used under the "Debian Open Use Logo License"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wilber-huge-alpha.png - GIMP logo,
used under the GPL license

Essentially, Wikipedia can have logos that are under a variety of
licenses. If you give your approval, I'll post a copy of the logo
under the license of your choice.

- Ken Dreyer