[CentOS-devel] reposync for CentOS 4

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat Apr 28 13:10:55 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 08:42 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 14:23 +0200, Daniel de Kok wrote:
> > Hi Seth,
> >
> > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:19:55 -0400
> > seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:

> > > have you considered sending these items upstream?
> >
> > Yes, I planned submitting patches after testing things here.
> >

> Good, thanks.
>
> > -- Daniel
> >
> > PS. <ot>I just submitted a patch for adding a GPG signature option for
> > reposync to the yum bugzilla.</ot>
>
> Yeah, it was assigned to tim. Should be all set.
>
> -sv

Seth,

We had a need for this app on CentOS-4 ... we want it to do what it
already does in the newer versions.  I would have thought that the guys
who wrote it would have already done it for the CentOS-4 version of
python if they were interested in providing it there too :D

Are you interested in backport type things like this to yum-utils and
other aps (for older versions)?

If yes, we are certainly glad to provide that info.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes