[CentOS-devel] Re: Using CentOS trademarks/artwork etc.

Maciej Żenczykowski zenczykowski at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 19:29:50 UTC 2007

I agree. Although it is not my decision, I think the "polite" thing to do

> would be to leave the CentOS trademarks out, but give adequate and glowing
> credit to the CentOS developers that made the OS possible. Just like the
> CentOS developers do to upstream whenever they can.

I think that depends on the project, for mythtv I expect this would mostly
be a matter
of building many packages for a (mostly) unmodified base centos system.  As
such
you could probably have most of these in a base 'centimyth' repo, and pull
the rest
directly from the centos repos.  I think some sort of logo being a merger of
the centos
logo and mythtv logos would be most appropriate here.  Of course this would
require
approval from the dev team.  In Axel's or Dag's case I expect such approval
would be
for the most part a formality (but would still need to be given!)...
For other projects... who knows ;-)

[can you see the trust I have for atrpms, dag and rpmforge?  Thanks for the
awesome work guys]

Now going back to getting CentOS5 working on a santa rosa macbook pro (out
of the box even the
network card doesn't work).

Cheers,
Maciej