[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5 Live CD

Patrice Guay patrice.guay at nanotechnologies.qc.ca
Thu Aug 23 12:02:04 UTC 2007

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Daniel de Kok wrote:
>> I haven't looked yet at how Anaconda does live CD installs, but can't we
>> modify it to install our versions of these packages during the
>> installation?
>
> if its installing rpms - then yes that would ( read: should ) not be a
> major issue.
I am quite sure it is not installing rpms. The installation process is
copying the Live CD content to the selected hard drive. Maybe we could
add a post-installation script following these steps:

1. chroot to the new installation
2. force rpm installation of CentOS packages over Live CD packages
3. exit