[CentOS-devel] Re: CentOS 5 Live CD

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Aug 23 12:22:25 UTC 2007

Patrice Guay wrote:
>> if its installing rpms - then yes that would ( read: should ) not be a
>> major issue.
> I am quite sure it is not installing rpms.

yes, that is what my understanding is as well. However, we dont install
or need to install anaconda itself - so the chances of creating orphans
there is quite limited ( but still possible, i think we can live with
that small small chance )

 > The installation process is
> copying the Live CD content to the selected hard drive. Maybe we could
> add a post-installation script following these steps:
> 1. chroot to the new installation
> 2. force rpm installation of CentOS packages over Live CD packages
> 3. exit

As a last case scenario, yes we could do something that drastic. However
I'd still like to make something work with what we have. Lets look at
this for the livecd5.1 release.

- KB