[CentOS-devel] Timeline for C5 beta / final?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun Feb 18 01:33:06 UTC 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 06:59:19PM -0200, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> I have at least 1 machine I'll have to do it. And, guess what ? It is
> a remote machine (datacenter in another country).

A recommendation to make this go more smoothly: before the upgrade,
uninstall as many packages as possible. Everything that's not needed to run
the server, and as many things which are needed but which can be put back
with a simple yum install after the upgrade. This will minimize the chances
of problems.