[CentOS-devel] Language lists

Lennert Buytenhek buytenh at wantstofly.org
Sat Jan 20 21:45:10 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 10:31:55PM +0100, Daniel de Kok wrote:

> >But yes, I think that this is a very good idea. I myself am trying to
> >"man" a german speaking list for CentOS.
>
> I have spotted quite a lot CentOS users in the Netherlands, so here's
> a +1 for a NL list.

As to me personally, I'd be much more inclined to write a reply to
a user asking "How do I compile a kernel?" than a user asking "Hoe
compileer ik een kernel?", because I know that the time spent on
answering the former question will potentially benefit many more
people than the time spent on answering the latter question.

And I think that finding Dutch people that don't speak English well
is so unlikely (I don't know any, at least) that I wouldn't be inclined
to help people in Dutch.

(I don't know how other people feel about this, YMMV, etc.)