[CentOS-devel] Zero day updates upstream

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Mar 16 20:13:24 UTC 2007

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>>
>> How would a kickstart user get the updates enabled?
>>

> should be just as easy / hard as using any other repo at installtime.
>
>> I'm thinking the updates should be on one cd/dvd* by themselves,
>
> they are only a few dozen MB's - would be a waste to have them on a new
> CD. But that can also be done, with a hook in firstboot that allows
> installing / upgrading from that.

Please check all my replies on the subject; the updates CD maybe can be
rebuilt separately so users don't need to keep on downloading all the
images as they get rebuilt for U1 etc.

Some enterprising souls could rebuild it weekly, and some vendors may
well do that. Everythinglinux would be likely ro rebuild daily.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait