[CentOS-devel] More XFS Filesystem Tips

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Tue May 1 16:53:28 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 08:28, Feizhou wrote:
> > 3.) Use the deadline I/O scheduler, anticipatory and XFS don't like each
> > other. This is true for almost any FS != ext3. This makes a difference
> > especially for OLTP.
>
> Default on Centos 5 should be neither. It is CFQ IIRC.

Here's a quick (if slightly older) writeup of CFQ, which mentions some code
was borrowed from the Anticipatory Scheduler.

http://lwn.net/Articles/114770/

And here's a post from what seems to be the developer stating it explicitly.

http://lwn.net/Articles/114773/

I have no idea whether the shared code contains the portions that XFS finds
fault with.

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks