[CentOS-devel] Building CentOS for Alpha/AXP and SPARC

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri May 4 19:58:43 UTC 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> As far as Sparc is concerned, we do have a machine that and I will be
> working on CentOS-5.0 for Sparc as soon as CentOS-4.5 i386/x86_64 is out
> the door.

When you need testers for older UltraSPARC hardware, holler.

Got two midsize Enterprise servers here; a E5500 with 8 procs and 9GB and two
full D1000 shelves on the Qlogic PTI diffSCSI controllers, and an E6500 with
10 procs, 6GB and two drives on the esp controller.  Also note that the esp
driver was completely redone recently and it would be absolutely great to
have that backported to the 2.6.18 kernel.  Note also that the big Suns need
the qlogicpti; Ubuntu 6.06 server was built without that making it useless
for me... :-)

Also have a Blade 150 I could test with, amongst other random hardware.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer