[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5 build scripts

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri May 18 13:10:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 15:08 +0300, Nikolay Ulyanitsky wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > there arently any, its a 2 liner for a 'for f in' loop to mkisofs, trivial.
>
> I mean scripts from http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4.5/build/distro/ (build.sh) but for
> CentOS5.
>
> Or there user can find documentation of full building discs process (createrepo, pkgorder, buildinstall etc)?

We can no longer release the scripts in their entirety as we have a
build system with logins / keys, etc. that are referenced in the
scripts.

Before you ask ... the buildsystem is based on mock and plague,
available via KBS CentOS-Extras.

I can see if I can sanitize parts of the script to make it work in a
similar way to the c4 one and publish that, but with EL5 (and
fc5/fc6/f7) building in mock and some kind of centralized buildsystem
(plague / koji) ... reproducing these kind of scripts is going to get
much harder.

I'll try to do that after the centosplus kernels that I need to build
for c4 and c5.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes