[CentOS-devel] Re: rpm verification tool

Jan Iven jan.iven at cern.ch
Fri Nov 9 17:38:33 UTC 2007

> Sure ... it is here:
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/build/distro/tmverifyrpms
>
> You can use it to compare RPMS of the same name in a CentOS and RHEL
> directory that reside in the same directory as the script.

Thanks. The idea sounds very useful - I've started on modifying your
script (attached) to cope with other directory structures and take
signatures etc into account (should still largely behave as before,
unless you give it arguments..).

I am not sure whether a "common" version for CentOS/SL/SLC/.. makes
sense (the Changelog seem to document several
generalization+simplification/specialization cycles already..), but if
Jeff now adds new checks to your version, I'd be happy to benefit from
them as well.

Best regards
jan