[CentOS-devel] Re: src.rpm missing

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Mon Oct 8 17:45:49 UTC 2007

Farkas Levente wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> Farkas Levente wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>> it seems there are many packages in extras and centosplus for which the
>>> src.rpms are missing eg.: for kmod rpms there is not any src.rpms or
>>> just for one old version.
>>> imho it's a bug.
>>>

>> can you be a bit more specific ? which src for what bin rpm is missing ?
>>

> kmod-xfs, kmod-drbd, .. actually there are dozens of kmod rpms and even
> 10% of them has src.rpms.

Part of what you are seeing is because the source RPM doesn't
necessarily have to match the same naming format as the produced
package.  Viewing the headers of the kmod-drbd RPM shows this as the
source RPM: drbd-kmod-0.7.24-2.2.6.9_55.0.9.EL.src.rpm, which does exist.

The XFS RPM lists it's source RPM as
kernel-module-xfs-2.6.9-55.EL-0.2-1.src.rpm though, and I can't find
that in the SRPMS sub-directory of extras, so it looks like that one is
missing.

Actually, I just checked centosplus, and it's included in the source
directory of that (probably since it's built for the plus repo kernels
as well).  So you'll probably find all the source RPMS you are looking
for under different names in either the extras or centosplus SRPMS
directories.