[CentOS-devel] kmod-xfs-2.6.18-8.el5 missing from extras

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat Oct 13 09:39:32 UTC 2007

Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> the kmod-xfs-2.6.18-8.el5 rpm missing from extras. since this is the
> base kernel shipped with centos/redhat it'd be useful to include kernel
> modules for this kernel in extras too. since all installer (cdrom,
> network, etc) use this kernel for boot and install. therefore if someone
> like to create a new initrd (eg for new network card or filesystem
> support) than the easiest to modify the shipped inird. that's whay i
> need kmod-xfs-2.6.18-8.el5 too.
> thanks in advance.

It can be built from the current SRPM ... you need to pass in the kernel
version with the command (all one line):

rpmbuild --rebuild --target <arch> ---define "kversion 2.6.8-8.el5"
<name>-kmod-<version>.src.rpm

KMOD files are different than everything else (see my other kmod post
today) in that the kernel version is not really relevant to the SRPM ...
only to the RPMS it produces.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes