[CentOS-devel] ICH9

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Oct 15 13:29:11 UTC 2007

David Hrbáč wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm preparing Centos 5 with backported ICH9 patches. I've built kernels,
> made iso and everything seems ok. Now I want the iso to include patched
> vmlinuz during the boot time, in isolinux folder. Once replaced CD boots
> fine too, but finally complains about wrong CD and asks to insert insert
> CentOS CD. There's something I have to change and I do not know what.
> Any hints?
> Thanks,
> David

There is a timestamp that is used to determine if something is part of
the original release.

That file is named .discinfo on all the CDs and must be in the root
directory.  If you look at a CentOS CD or DVD, you will see it.

It corresponds to a file named .buildstamp that must be in the initrd.img.

Those 2 files must contain the same timestamp ... in the case of
CentOS-5 as released by us ... it is:

200704101950.i386
(that is the number for i386)

Thanks,