[CentOS-devel] Re: Patched version of iptables for centosplus

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Oct 19 14:35:11 UTC 2007

David Hrbác wrote:
> Tim Verhoeven napsal(a):
>> CLUSTERIP and some extra options for the ipv6 test6 module.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim
>>

> Tim,
> you can publish them as modules... iptables-clusterip etc. similar way I
> do for missing kernel modules for some iptables modules. :o) See
> http://fs12.vsb.cz/hrb33/el4/hrb/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/repoview/kmod-time-smp-0-2.6.9_55.0.9.EL-0.20051006.el4.hrb.html
>
> I have iptables module too
> http://fs12.vsb.cz/hrb33/el4/hrb/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/repoview/ipp2p-0-0.8.0-6.el4.hrb.html
> but haven't used iptables-module convention.
>
> I your modules are not going to be included to centosplus, you can
> create own repository or I can include them to my repo with joy.
> Regards,
> David

David, is there anyreason why you would not push for this into
centos-extras instead ? surely, keeping things together is better for
all of us.

I know there has been a barrier to entry on this for a long time, but
that is easy to remove - we have everything that we need now. I suppose
a bit more time would help, but this is an issue we can resolve right now.

- KB