[CentOS-devel] Release farkage potential

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Sep 7 08:43:38 UTC 2007

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> Matt Domsch wrote a whole set of infrastructure tools for Fedora to
>> push out updates to mirrors. I think it is what causes the
>> fedora-enchilada to show up on various mirrors these days.
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring
>>

> we dont need anything of this nature, we have something in place that
> seems to be working mostly. What I meant by mirror management is how the
> stuff looks when its on the mirror
>
> pushing out each tree, as it is, for upto 3 sub-release deep is just
> plain stupid. So if anyone has ideas on how we can do this in a sane
> manner, please do speak up :)

mirrormanager though adds a number of features like using preferred
netblocks, country mirrors, etc. In addition someone could add his local
mirror for private use which, for large corporations may be useful.

I admit I haven't been fooling around much with what CentOS has in place
right now though ;-)

--
Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen