[CentOS-devel] KDE light?

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Fri Sep 14 09:16:01 UTC 2007

Daniel de Kok a écrit :
> On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 16:07 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
>> But really, this is more a user question;-)
>
> Well, I think he was asking whether developing a separate repository
> that provides more fine-grained KDE packages is useful, rather than
> which distros provide split-up KDE packages.

Yes, exactly. I know what CentOS is about (RHEL minus support), and I
don't want to use another distribution. I also know that normally it
only uses Red Hat packages.

My concern was indeed about the feasibility of an external repo
containing a bundle of "KDE light" packages. I remember (from Slackware)
that KDE packages can be rebuilt without certain stuff, using the
DO_NOT_COMPILE=xxxxx yyyy zzzz variable. In fact, I've done it before,
but I don't quite know how to do this the CentOS way, if I may say so.

Any suggestions?

Niki Kovacs