[CentOS-devel] Re: CentOS-5 on i586

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 08:30:37 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

So to summarize this thread and in a attemp to make some progess, this
is what I see as the conclusions and the next step(s) :

- The devs have no problems with the basic idea of providing i586
support for CentOS 5.
- The devs currently do not have the time/resources/... to do pursue
this themselves.
- So we are looking for (a) volunteer(s) that are willing to make this
happen, but with guidance and support from a developer.
- Daniel already did work on this, so we do not have to start from
scratch. Daniel is willing to provides to the people willing to work
in this (Daniel, this is how I understood it ?).
- The result of all the work will no be put in the base OS but
probably be put inside the context of CentOSPlus and will have a
alternative install method (details to be discussed).

So, as far is I see it what we need now is a (couple of) volunteer(s)
that are willing to invest some time in this and then we can go ahead
with it. So, any takers ?

Regards,
Tim

--