[CentOS-devel] WebStack on CentOS-5

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Thu Apr 10 09:41:02 UTC 2008

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> hi,
>
> Background: the webstack on C4 is only available in the CentOSPlus repo since
> it overwrites packages from the base repo.
>
> For the Webstack on C5, Johnny and I spoke about and want to propose changing
> that a little bit. Essentially, move the webstack to a subdirectory under the
> CentOSPlus repo and have metadata for Just the Webstack available as an
> option for people who dont want the rest of CentOSPlus.

I am having difficulty seeing the benefit of having it as a subdirectory
rather than as a separate repo that may contain the same packages
hardlinked ??

I dont think mirrors restrict the repos that they mirror ??

I appreciate that it would need to be added to yum conf, but that would be
the case anyway with a subdirectory.

As rhwas is a separate product I propose that we have a separate repo for
it.

Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.