[CentOS-devel] modern-CentOS-1.9

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Apr 10 14:57:18 UTC 2008

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 7:11 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
>> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>  > We are wasting screen space for absolutely no good reason and more than
>>  > half the pages go outside the boundaries anyway.
>>
>>  Not from an ergonomic point of view. Long lines of text are stressful
>>  for the eyes and make reading harder.
>>
>>  > I think we should get rid of those all together
>>
>>  MMV >:)
>>
>>  Cheers,
>>
>>  Ralph
>
> We have discussed the width of the boundary at least twice in the
> past.  Several people felt the current one was taking up too much
> screen estate.  I still think that it should be made narrower (at most
> 5% on each side).  "Long lines of text" is easy to solve.  Just reduce
> the width of your browser window.

Not to turn this into a flame session ... BUT :D

I set my screen at a very high resolution specifically SO I can fit more
stuff on the visible page.  I know how I WANT to read websites.

You can always make your browser be smaller to SHRINK the lines to
whatever size you want ... however I CANNOT make your artificial
boundaries bigger at all.

SO, why would we FORCE a certain page width on people if there is no
technical reason why it is required.

OBVIOUSLY it is not desired by everyone ... and if we fail full screen
then you have another option.  But if we fail 1/2 screen the people who
want it like me have NO OTHER options ...

I'm just saying :D