[CentOS-devel] I meet a problem on installing CentOS4.4 ServerCD.

반 장호 eclim at eclim.net
Wed Apr 16 13:51:41 UTC 2008

Hi, there.

is this letter meet the purpose of your list.

I meet a problem on installing CentOS4.4 ServerCD.

I want to use HP Embedded SATA RAID controller.
But CentOS does not support this controller driver. And HP too.

I searched so many site on the internet. Finally, I found some information, jakie wrote on www.centos.org
topic -> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5695&forum=29&post_id=17049

I did same way he wrote

(1) Connect USB FlashDisk on USB. this has SATA RAID driver for REDHAT 4.  named... "adpahci-1.2.5571-1.rhel4.x86_64.dd".
(2) Boot from CentOS ServerCD 4.4 x86-64bit.
(3) linux dd: ------------> install..........
(4) I can see Single Disk.
(5) Install....

My system is :
OS : CentOS 4.4 Server CD
HP DL320G5 3050
HDD : 2*80GB Seagate SATA II HDD
RAID : HP Embedded SATA RAID Controller.

All process is clear. And there is no error msg.

But reboot after install finished, there are some error messages..... some partition mount failed.
"/usr", "/sys" are failed to mount but "/boot", "/", "/tmp", "var" and most partitions are mounted.

Prompt appear, I enter on the system. there is no files in "/usr" directory.
So, I can't use "yum", "rpm", "up2date" and so on.

Is this ServerCD's problem?
And How can I solve this problem ?

Thank you.