[CentOS-devel] CentOS-5 i586 status?

Daniel de Kok me at danieldk.org
Tue Apr 22 18:12:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:54:42PM +0200, Daniel de Kok wrote:
>  > Anyway, I have moved our notes/status page to:
>  > http://wiki.centos.org/Projects/CentOS5PentiumSupport
>  >
>  > This should provide some information to interested people about what
>  > is done, and what needs to be done.
>
>  If you want, add a section on that page of users willing to test this.
>  I'm definitely willing and have two VIA C3 based systems I can test
>  with.  Don't believe I have any i586 hardware but could dig around.
>
>  Is there a mantis bug that will be used for tracking this?  I think
>  I've subscribed myself to that wiki page, but would like to keep "in
>  the loop" if possible.

I think it would be best if this becomes a project in its own respect
on projects.centos.org. The page I referred to, as well as other
relevant information could be hosted there.

But to make this an official subproject, we need somebody who is
willing to lead it. I am willing to serve as a devteam member on such
subproject, and it seems Karanbir is as well. I can also work on the
Anaconda issues, but currently I just don't have the time to
coordinate this.

So, if you know how to customize specfiles, a bit of gcc flag
tweaking, and possibly some Python, and sorely need CentOS 5 for i586
on your VIA or legacy boxes, speak up :).

Take care,
Daniel