[CentOS-devel] CentOS-5 i586 status?

Adam Foran adam at foran.ca
Thu Apr 24 02:55:23 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 19:26 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Daniel de Kok wrote:
> > I think it would be best if this becomes a project in its own respect
> > on projects.centos.org. The page I referred to, as well as other
> > relevant information could be hosted there.
>
> I agree.
>
> > But to make this an official subproject, we need somebody who is
> > willing to lead it. I am willing to serve as a devteam member on such
> > subproject, and it seems Karanbir is as well. I can also work on the
> > Anaconda issues, but currently I just don't have the time to
> > coordinate this.
>
> Ray, has said he can spend a few hours/wk on this issue - that should be
> plenty to get some organisation going. Ray ?
>
> Also, I'd be happy to help along as much as I can - so perhaps with
> reduced time available Daniel + Me ~~ 1 Dev :D

Presumably the first step here would be getting an install to work?
My installation attempt failed because anaconda couldn't seem to find
a kernel package, so is the idea here to include i586 packages for
the kernel, glibc, and maybe a few others in CentOSPlus and then teach
anaconda to use that repo during the install as well? Or will the i586
rpms be added to the base rpm install dir/media?

Thanks,

Adam