[CentOS-devel] modern-CentOS as a project ?

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 21:46:47 UTC 2008

On 4/24/08, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > Could we move modern-CentOS wiki theme development into
> > projects.centos.org/trac ?. It is not directly related to CentOS
> > distribution but it would be very nice to learn manage it online with
> > others, inside CentOS realm.
>
> I dont mind, the ArtWork SIG can get a project instance.

Cool!

> Also, what can we do to expand the wiki theme into a generic CentOS
> Theme

Well, we could look for a generic css template standard compatible,
and then work over it until we get the CentOS desired look. If
possible over a public svn too :)

There are lots of things to do on modern-CentOS yet, more
standardization, clean code, test other browsers different from
firefox, etc. Put it under a public control version would help to get
more people involved on this.

> and try to get the bugs.centos.org site also using that ?

Don't know how much such a generic CentOS Theme would adapt into this.
Note that the mantis css declaration are specifics to mantis html
output markup, the same way as wiki css declarations are specifics to
the wiki html output markup. It seems that, because applications use
different classes id for (sometimes) the same html tags, they use
specific css declarations, one apart from each other.

Maybe we could get a common.css (modern-CentOS's maybe) file and
import it after the line that defines the defult.css file in mantis
application. If so, we need to polish that common.css file to make
things clean and do not brake things among sites look. It needs to be
completely generic for both (or more) sites.

Just some thoughts,

Thank you for taking the time KB.

Cheers,
al.