[CentOS-devel] CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 13:16:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Kimmo Koivisto <koippa at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Any plans to build CDS for Centos 4? I have large centos 4 installation base
>  and cannot upgrade to centos 5 but would like to use CDS.
>
>  SRPMS for RHEL4 are available from the upstream provider, I was not able to
>  compile those, is there anyone that has compiled those for Centos 4?

I don't think that we have a redistributable java available for C4.
For C5 we have the openjdk one that is used to build CDS. But without
a such a java on C4 there is not much point in building CDS for C4.
You could just build the actual server (the <brand>-ds-base package)
and use the commandline tools to manage it. But I think it isn't a
good idea to distribute only that for C4.

If someone can get openjdk working on C4 I'm open to revisited this
and started making CDS for C4.

Regards,
Tim

--