[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.x for Sparc?

Michael Worsham michael at mwecomputers.com
Thu Aug 7 18:57:15 UTC 2008

Thanks for the site/URL. I downloaded the tftp64.img and was able to get
my SunFire V120 (UltraSPARC-IIe) to see the image and load it via my
CentOS 5 rarpd server.

However, I guess I am running into some sort of brick wall when it comes
to CentOS loading the correct NIC driver to assign an IP address to the
server. The V120's on-board network card is coming up as a eri0 and eri1
(Sun RIO 10/100 Ethernet [eri]).

If there a way to configure the command line via LOM interface it so it
loads the correct NIC driver, sets the ip, etc? I though about something
like kickstart, but the tftp64.img doesn't come up to a CentOS Linux
window -- just goes directly to where it starts loading drivers for the
SCSI drives, then waiting for the language location.

-- Michael