[CentOS-devel] slow Perl on CentOS 5

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sun Aug 31 13:01:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 13:53 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
> <snip>

> There is now a perl package in the c5-testing repo that fix's these
> issues. Unless I hear reports of breakage in the next 24 hrs, will push
> that out via the fasttrack repo and make some announcements.
>
> Also, if you do test it - and it does work fine : let us know about that
> too.

Just installed. I don't know what to do to do a specific test (perl is
here only as needed by installed pkgs) but I do run OO heavily,
evolution, FF, T'bird. I believe all of these use perl.

I'll run throughout the day (rebooting for a clean start right ofter
this post) and report either NPs seen or anything I notice.

--
Bill