[CentOS-devel] Rebuild xorg

Alan Bartlett ajb.stxsl at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 21 17:07:28 UTC 2008

2008/12/21 Alain PORTAL <alain.portal at free.fr>

> Le dimanche 21 décembre 2008, Alan Bartlett a écrit :
>
> > Whilst you are at runlevel 3,  please copy & post the output of both
> > /sbin/lspci and /sbin/lspci -n commands that relate to your video card.
> > Apologies if you've already posted this information -- have I missed it?
>
> On bug I reported (http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3309) I joined a
> lspci.txt which is the result of "lspci -s 01:00.0 -vv".
>
> "lspci -s 01:00.0" output:
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M71 [Mobility
> Radeon
> X2100] (rev ce)
>
> "lspci -s 01:00.0 -n" output:
> 01.00.0 0300:  1002:7210 (rev ce)

As I'm not at my home system (and have don't currently have remote access to
it), I'll see what I can find out about that device tomorrow. Now the
following is from memory -- from a CLI, you could try this command (IIRC):

system-config-display --reconfig --set-resolution=1024x768 --set-depth=24
--set-driver=vesa

You might prefer to boot the system into single-user mode before invoking
the above command.

Alan.