[CentOS-devel] Anaconda improvement for network installs

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Tue Feb 5 14:25:26 UTC 2008

Johnny Hughes napsal(a):

> I am sure that Daniel de Kok or Karanbir could write something in python
> that would go get the info from mirrorlist.centos.org and make it
> selectable ... and we could add it to anaconda for http installs (maybe
> a dropdown box that pulls server names from mirrorlist.centos.org and
> populates a box ... if you pick one, it fills in the data). It would
> probably not work through proxy servers (since anaconda does not now
> anyway). I am not sure how difficult that would be or if we want to add
> that kind of code to anaconda based on reason 2 above.

Johnny,
I've been looking on anaconda yesterday to think about implementation
and it seems to me now, that it's much harder than to write some code in
python. As for me I guess the mirror list is useful in network text mode
install mainly... and here we go with C not python. So, although I find
it a nice feature, I think we should stick with upstream and rather
teach end-users to use kickstart properly.
David