[CentOS-devel] rpmRepo Web Apps Filesystem Directory

Jean-Marc LIGER jean-marc.liger at siris.sorbonne.fr
Mon Feb 25 13:13:13 UTC 2008

Dear Sirs,

Another disappointing question for me is the desigend Web Apps directory.

The Filesystem Hierarchy Standard recommends /srv/www but only one of
the big, SuSE, uses it.
Debian uses /var/www.
Mandriva uses both /var/www and /usr/share.
Red Hat used /var/www and now /usr/share.
CentOS uses /usr/share and RPMForge uses /var/www.

So my question is, what will be the future Web Apps directory for rpmRepo ?

Be sure, I don't want to annoy anyone, I really want the best for CentOS
that we use every day in our production environment.

And this Filesystem Web Directory question is poisonning me for a while,
when I want to mix up packages, but also to make the good choice for my
own ones.

Best Regards,
Jean-Marc Liger - Sorbonne University Networks