[CentOS-devel] Preview Xen 3.2 rc* packages

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Fri Jan 11 13:43:03 UTC 2008

Ian Jackson wrote:

> Ross S. W. Walker writes ("RE: [CentOS-devel] Preview Xen 3.2
> rc* packages"):
> > Ok, I gave it a whirl, the minor paths issue I mentioned
> earlier seems
> > to be fixed here, but the 'localtime' patch needs to be backported
> > (or forwardported in this case) as HVM clocks still only report time
> > in UTC.
>
> Which localtime patch is that ?  I don't see anything relevant in the
> patchset for the package I was using as a basis.  If you could provide
> a reference I'd be happy to take a look.  (Was it submitted upstream?)

Actually I think it is functionality that is in the 3.0.3 versions of
xm and xend that upstream mashed up with the 3.1 kernel to make it's
package.

I believe that the 'localtime' option broke in either of those utilities
when the HVM clock was moved from qemu to the Xen kernel.

Unless the option to have the clock use the local time has changed...

-Ross