[CentOS-devel] centos-release for 4.6

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Jan 11 14:08:56 UTC 2008

James Pearson wrote:
> Something that is puzzling me - why is the centos-release RPM for
> CentOS4.6 called centos-release-4-4.4 - shouldn't it be named something
> like centos-release-4-6.X ?
>
> Also, the centos-release-4-4.4.src.rpm doesn't appear to be on 4.6 SRPM
> DVD ISO image ...

I just took the next available number .. I did not try to line it up
with anything.  Next time I will try to make it 4.7.

If any SRPMS that are missing from the DVD should be available here:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/SRPMS/

If it were up to me, there would not even be a DVD for SRPMS, as I think
it is a waste of bandwidth and storage space.  It is very easy to just
download the directory and burn it to DVD.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes