[CentOS-devel] Using Centos as embedded linux.

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Jan 11 23:09:44 UTC 2008

Vishak V. Kurup wrote:
> Thank you...Daneil and John...
> My device configuration is as follows.
> CPU  	: intel Celeron M 1.60 Ghz
> DIMM 	: W/DDR 1GB ECC
> IDE(Primary Master) : Compact Flash (1 GB)
> IDE(Primary Master) : Compact Flash (256 GB)
>
> My confusion is that if it is  possible to customize the CentOS for my application.

It is. This is not your average embedded system:-)
I's also possible to install a a bigger CF, I have 4 Gbytes in my camera
(and wonder whether I really should have gone for eight).

I use CentOS & Scientific Linux, but for this _I_ might go for Debian or
maybe Ubuntu Long Life. Depends on whether a GUI matters (GUI takes much
disk and RAM), and what the particular application is.