[CentOS-devel] how to update install CD ?

董洪乾 dhongqian at 163.com
Wed Jan 16 09:23:49 UTC 2008

Hello, everyone:
       I want to add new rpm into install cd .
I have searched the answer on the net and done it
like what they have said.
       But when I use the cd I made to install OS, It told me that
" The CentOS-4 i386 CD was not found in any of your CDROM drivers.
Please insert the CentOS-4 i386 cd and press OK to retry". I don't know
why. Could anyone help ?

  The following is the step :
pkgorder --product CentOS  /data/CentOS/ CentOS > /data/pkgfile
genhdlist --productpath=CentOS /data/OWLinux
pkgorder --product CentOS  /data/CentOS/ CentOS > /data/pkgfile

buildinstall --pkgorder /data/pkgfile \
--version "4" \
--product "CentOS" \
--release "1" \
--prodpath CentOS /data/OWLinux

mkisofs -J -R -v -T -o ./CentOS.iso -V CentOS-4 -b \
        isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot \
        -boot-load-size 4  -boot-info-table ./CentOS/

Best regards !
                                                      dhongqian
                                                     2008-01-16